Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On getting more hours of sleep

Last night she slept for 5.5 hours!  Or rather, we also got 5.5 hours of sleep.  Now that the doctors have cleared us for 5 hours, we seem to be having trouble getting Cupcake to also want to sleep for that long.  And we haven't pushed too much on it because she's been teething, then had a stuffy nose, and then had to adjust to having grandma visit for a few days.

That last one was a particular adjustment, as we took the opportunity to go out for three nights in a row and have my mom put Cupcake to sleep.  During those evenings, she drank from my pumped reserves, so it seemed cruel to keep her from getting the boob in the middle of the night if that's what she actually needed.

Also, I have no idea how much she nurses each sitting.  Really, I have no idea.  I left my mom with 4 oz bottles, but I don't know if that was enough or not.  So if she woke up at night, I fed her.

Last night, for some inexplicable reason, she slept for 5.5 hours, and then another 4 after nursing.  Could she just be maturing in her sleep patterns?  She's done something similar 4 times since we got the approval from her doctor.  I don't want to jinx it by being excited, but I totally am.  Excited, that is.  I know with MCADD and sleep the first year is the hardest, and we are over halfway through.

1 comment: