Thursday, February 11, 2010

Having a cold

So apparently if you get a cold while pregnant you can't take medicine.  No antibiotics, no over the counter stuff.  Which is totally understandable, and something I agree with, but I think I underestimated how demoralizing it is to know that drugs are not an option.  I feel trapped by my cold.  And weakened because of my nausea.  I need to eat, but I am unable to stomach things. Yet I know that if I don't eat I have no hope of fighting this mild illness.

It's a vicious cycle and I'm not happy about it.

I do wonder what it would be like if it wasn't 30 degrees outside with 10 inches of snow.  Maybe if it wasn't so cold I'd be more energetic, more likely to be outside getting some movement into my system.  This is why I'm so happy that my big belly months will be in the summer.  I can handle uncomfortable heat so much better than the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment