Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pregnancy Simptoms

So lets start by talking about what's going on in my body, shall we?  I am getting very conflicted messages.  On one end there's a prevalent attitude that "you're not sick, you're just pregnant."  Empowering words meant to remind us that as modern women, we are in control of our lives and our bodies and can still live out lives to the fullest.  You don't lose your independence and identity because you become a mother, rather, you become energized by it.

And then there's the part where I really don't feel very well.  Morning sickness, exhaustion, headaches, and the constant feeling of bloating are bringing me down big time.  Specially the tiredness.  It makes me feel like I have to drag myself everywhere, and now it seems I can't even play volleyball, my one social and athletic outlet.   And when I talk to my parents about this, they seem to agree that its normal to feel under the weather, that my body is going through lots of changes, and that the best thing to do is sleep and relax.

Wait, I thought I wasn't sick?  Make up your mind.

I'm waiting for the "glow".  It doesn't seem to be happening yet.  Or maybe I have it but since we haven't told anyone yet it's not as obvious.  They say morning sickness and its associated elements end after the first trimester.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment