Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Schedules

So Cupcake seems to be favoring an earlier bedtime.  I don't know, we can't really tell.  So far her bedtime has been closer to 11:30, with a bath and bed routine at 10:30, but I think we are ALL ready to move this a bit earlier.  Not too early, mind you, I still don't want to get up at 7 am in the morning.  But I was thinking of her going to bed at 10:30 or so, rather than sometimes at midnight.  Nate and I need an hour a day on our own too.

But nothing is easy.  Because of MCAD (and isn't everything because of MCAD), it makes it trickier to set up a schedule.  Mostly because I want to keep my sanity overnight and not have to feed her 1 hour after I've gone to bed.

So... I don't want to cluster-feed at night, because that's the time we are spending as a family and I want Nate to hang out with his daughter rather than me feeding her.  But just by virtue of the 3 -4 hour schedule, something has to give.

Currently her schedule is:  10 am wake up.  10:30 breakfast with mom.  1:30pm lunch.  4:30 afternoon snack.  7:30 dinner.  10:30pm dinner with mom and dad.  11:30 sleep.  2:3o am midnight snack.  6:30 am breakfast with dad.  And start the day all over again.

So... if we want to move her bedtime to 10-10:30.....  we could feed at 9 pm and then bathe her and set her to bed.  And feed at 12 am.  4 am - 8 am - 11 am - 2 pm - 5 pm 8 pm....nope doesnt work.  At some other point I need a 4 hour stretch.

 

9 pm - 12:15 - 4:15 - 8:15 - 12 noon - 3pm -6 pm - 9 pm    that could work, though I worry about the 8 - noon bit, she might gt hungry before that, since she wakes up at about that time....

9pm - 12am- 4 am - 8 am - 10 am - noon - 3 - 6 - 9... and the 4 - 8 - 10 are one boob only.... that might work.  Have a cluster feed in the morning....

Or 10 pm - 12am - 4 am - 8 am - 11 - 2pm - 5 - 8 - 10....arghhhh, this is still not really working.....

I find her max of 4 hours to be really frustrating

No comments:

Post a Comment