Thursday, February 3, 2011

Napping and schedules

I feel like my life has been taken over by Cupcake's naps.  Is she sleeping?  Is she tired?  Did she just wake up?  Did she sleep enough?  Is she due for a nap? And why, oh why, will she not go down on her crib anymore?  I mean, I love the idea of cuddling with her, but I've been feeling worn out from having to always hold her.

The good news of all this is that I am now so worried about her sleep that I no longer worry about her feedings and MCAD.  I used to be in a constant state of stress of whether she was eating enough, if she'd go into metabolic shock, her feeding schedule, did I have enough milk, were we breastfeeding right, etc.  Now she consistently gets hungry after 3 hours during the day and 4 hours at night, and we don't have to really think about it.  We have her feeding times, which are now ingrained in our routine.   And its nice to not have this be an issue.

Cupcake will be 4 months in a couple of days, and so far we have avoided any major illnesses or diarrhea or MCAD crisis.  I'm not sure if it's because she's asymptomatic, or if we've just been doing good in feeding her frequently, but either way, it's a relief.

Meantime, we can worry about the same things everyone else does.  Napping, sleeping and crying.  It's not that I enjoy these "problems", but its nice to be able to vent with other moms and all be in the same page about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment